27 March 2013

Neal's Yard Remedies - Cosmetics

Hi guys,
Hope you're all well :)
I feel like I am a bit behind with blogging lately? I didn't actually do any blogging for the past week (any blog posts that were up were scheduled). I feel really lazy for some reason and tired. I hope to start blogging again from today and I though I'd start by doing a review of some makeup items by Neal's Yard Remedies. I am relatively new to the brand in terms of actually using the products but I have heard quite a bit about them in the blogging world!
I have two items from their cosmetic line which are all organic and mineral based!
IMG_5929 (2)
IMG_5938 (2)
PicMonkey Collage
This is their organic lipgloss that contains organic orange oil and white tea in the colour Fig (£9.50)* which describes the colour really well. Its a gorgeous 'burnt orange' or almost like a 'burnt sienna' colour that has a little shimmer to it. It's a dark shade and I really like the packaging. I know that it looks like a normal tube of lipgloss but its actually made really well. Does that make sense? This lipgloss is 92% organic as it states on the tube. This is one of the most pigmented lipglosses I have ever used. It's buildable and non sticky which I was so happy about. I am not a lipgloss girl but this is something I quite like because it doesn't give off that awful sticky feeling. You can taste the orange notes really well in this as they are the most prominent and the strongest. The consistency of it is fairly thick and smooth, so in one swipe you get great colour. It reminds me of almost a liquid lipstick. It's a beautiful product! 
It contains no parabens, no silicones and no carmine. Also, it lasts a good amount of time as well unlike any other lipglosses.
IMG_5952 (2)
PicMonkey Collagek
Another gem by NYR is their eyeshadow in Silver Birch (£12.50)* which is 16% organic and 62% mineral. It's a lovely silver colour but not too scary. It's quite a soft steel gray. It contains ingredients such as rosehip oil, white tea and contains no talc, no parabens and no silicones.
It's not as pigmented as I would have loved it to be but it's good because once you apply it the colour shows and with a primer the colour looks amazing. It's on the slight metallic side and comes in a transparent packaging with the NYR logo on the top. Love the packaging. Very sleek and clean. 
I do apologize for not having any swatches because I literally forgot but I did do a simple look down below so you can see what it looks like! I've used the eyeshadow in the inner part till the center of the lid. It's a very reflective eyeshadow and looks lovely on. 
8565195005_89a7770a5c_b
IMG_6001 (2)
IMG_5987
I hope you liked the reviews as well as the look I did. I know they aren't the best but I'd love to know what you guys think!

Have you tried any cosmetics by NYR?
Hareem x

14 comments:

  1. The eyeshadow is gorgeous I wonder what the other 8% in the lipgloss is lol.

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah You're making me wonder as well now!
      thankyou x

      Delete
    2. Remember, if it's not grown, it can't be organic (eg water). As this is mineral make-up, I think we can be certain it's the minerals making up the other 8%. However, if you'd like to know for certain, just check the label/website: everything that is of organic origin has an asterisk(*) after it.

      http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/Fig-Lip-Gloss

      Delete
  2. That silver shadow looks so pretty! And your blending is like flawless! I've never tried any Neals Yard products but these two products sound and look lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou lovely!
      I'd deffo recommend them! they are lovely :) x

      Delete
  3. I've not tried anything from NYR before.. but these look lovely! Your eyebrow looks amazing too! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou :)
      They also have lovely skincare which I'll also review soon!
      x

      Delete
  4. I'm not a lipgloss person either but I really think the eyeshadow is gorgeous! Gladly we do have neal yard remedies in my country, I never knew about their cosmetics line before this post!


    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the eyeshadow! its so pretty!
      That sounds good! hopefully you'll try them ;) x

      Delete
    2. If you're not a lipgloss person perhaps give the new lipsticks a try - or the new mineral foundation? ;)

      Great review Iheartmexo :)

      Delete
  5. Things that are not GROWN cannot be certified ORGANIC, ie, minerals,clay or water, hence the reason behind a less than 100% organic notation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for letting me know that. I actually don't have a lot of knowledge about that so it's nice that you mentioned. x

      Delete

Please leave a comment and make my day!
I read them and always respond so do check back! x