04 October 2012

EcoTools 5 Piece brush set

I've heard so much about Ecotools. Like loads! But I've never tried them out and that's only because I honestly was never attracted towards them. I purchased this particular pack off eBay after I read Mariam's post which you can see here, (she's such a lovely Blogger guys! you have to check her blog out :)) and it was only like £3.78 I think, which is a tempting price if you ask me. Ofcourse, with eBay , there's always is it real or is it fake. So I looked it up on the Ecotools website and the only difference was the travel pouch thing. This one didn't have zipper and the one on the website did. I still bought it.
Anyways, I am so glad I got them because these are the best brushes I have ever used. I am pretty sure they are the real deal because I've been seeing so many bloggers blogging about this particular one of E-bay for about £10.
This pack contains 5 pieces: A mineral powder brush, an eyeshadow blending brush, a concealer brush, a baby kabuki brush and a travel case. So everything you need in a way. Almost. These are 100% cruelty free, created with natural and recycled materials and the handles are made out of bamboo. The bristles are synthetic and so very soft. The mini travel case is pretty useful too for travelling (obviously).

I don't currently use any mineral makeup but I really like this brush for applying translucent powder, or any type of powder really.  It's really very soft and quite dense, and picks up a really good amount of product. The application is very even and smooth as well. I do use it for blush at times too which works really well too.
The eye shading brush is soft as well and the bristles are a good length for applying eyeshadow all over the lid. Its kinda tapered in way which is great for creating a crease. I know its for eyeshadow but alot of the times I use it to blend out concealer and it works so well for that! I've actually swapped the concealer brush for this one!
The concealer brush is the perfect size. The  bristles are not too long or short in my opinion and it blends out the product really easily as well. I like that it's slightly stiff but not scratchy. The bristles are soft and packed together nicely. Like I said before, I swapped the two, so alot of the times I use this for eyeshadow as a flat  flat shader brush. It really just depends on you and what works well for you.
And the baby kabuki brush. I love kabuki brushes for buffing in the powder and setting foundation etc. Its also soft like the others and picks up a good amount of product. I like this for contouring as well.

Overall I am sure I'll be getting some larger Ecotools brushes. These are amazing quality, look and feel very sturdy and so soft. I love that they aren't scratchy at all as well as being eco-friendly. I've washed these about twice and no shedding has occoured which is really great because alot of brushes do shed, even a tiny bit when you wash them.
For £3.78 this is a great deal! (oh and free delivery :D)
Have you tried any Ecotools brushes?
Which ones would you reccomend?
Hareem x

17 comments:

  1. I bought these exact ones a while back too and I LOVE them!! :D. Mine haven't shed either and are so soft! For the price I don't care if they are real or not haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I saw the price I really didn't care either! haha but these are amazing! so I ma not bothered either! xx

      Delete
  2. Did I just hear £3.78 for the whole set?
    They look gorgeous and full of quality, plus they're eco friendly!
    Erica xo

    www.sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you did ;)
      such an amazing price! just some great brushes :) xx

      Delete
  3. So cheap!

    I always thought they looked a little scratchy so I'm glad to hear otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are really soft! you have to try one out :) not scratchy at all xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! I'm going on ebay right NOW!

    xxx

    www.littleboblab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah you can find some amazing little gems on eBay! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Great review! These are such a bargain and I'm loving your pictures as well :) I think after reading this post I might have to pick them up, can't go wrong I guess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou :)
      yeah do try them! they are worth it :) xx

      Delete
  6. Eco tools are awesome! I've had their powder brush for over two years no & I still use it! Still as soft & there was no shedding at all, want to get more this lovely kit maybe :D thankyou for the lovely review <33

    xxxxx
    Arwasblogpage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually thinking of getting a bigger kit now since these are really nice!
      thankyou! :) xx

      Delete
  7. They look lovely, I don't know eco tools. Great review.

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always get these and then put them back down as I am unsure, but if they don't shed that's me sold. P.s did I ever say how obsessed I am about your header xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same! never got them for some reason but for this price I thought I'd just them already. they dont shed at all!
      haha thankyou so much!! :) xx

      Delete
  9. I have been wanting to get some brushes to put into my makeup bag as my MAC ones are too big, these look perfect!My friend bought a large powder brush the other day and she loves it!I think they may still be on 3 for 2 at boots! *Trots down to boots asap*

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and make my day!
I read them and always respond so do check back! x